Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mothers need breakfast in bed!!

On mothers day I was spoiled. I received special art projects and notes from the kids, the diamondback shirt I have been asking for along with two rattles, amazing food and a visit from my brother Joseph. There was one thing missing. Ever since my older brother and I were 5 & 6 we or our successors have made my mother breakfast in bed. TJ says that he got the idea from primary.

Anyway, my husband made me an amazing omelette with toast. I commented that he needed to teach our children to cook me breakfast in bed and he looked at me like I had grown spatulas out my ears. I explained our tradition and he said he had never heard of doing that. My poor mother in law no egg shells or raw hash browns!!

I know why would I want to allow my children near the stove with their records of getting severely burned (maybe poptarts and milk). I just think that it adds to the idea of gifts of love and service. So for next year all mothers sleep in, all fathers help and all children start cooking!!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Aww, how sweet! I just realized that you and T.J. did that for your mom...but he hasn't done it for me! :) I'll have to remind him for next year! I love the Poptarts and milk idea! :)

nate and marne said...

sounds good to me. i like breakfast in bed as much as the next person. although i've technically had every meal in bed for several months now. maybe i'll take eating at the table for a while!!

The Gardiner Gang said...

I wish I got breakfast in bed. I had to ask for someone to make me breakfast :( They did get me nice jewelry though!