Wednesday, May 28, 2008

enjoying summer...so far

So...I love not having to go to work. Sure I have a few things to do at home and I do really enjoy my job, but some freedom to get up when I want, take a nap, etc., is great. Now I have time to do some fatherly things, like teach my kids how to ride a bike. I have gone out with Diego the past two mornings to teach him and it is going well. Noelia learned really fast, and he is doing the same. We go to the Lutheran or baptist church parking lot a block from us (I can't remember which) and work in the safety of no traffic or cars. He gets it, just like Noelia did. I don't get it. i remember taking FOREVER to ride on my own and they get it in a day or two. Although, I admit that it is nice and somewhat spiritual.

Today, as Diego was riding, I was ahead of him running backwards so he could look up at me and pedal. His downfall tends to be looking down (causing him to waver and wobble) and not pedaling (not giving him enough forward speed to keep his balance), so all the time I kept telling him to keep pedaling and just watch me. We went around the whole back lot and halfway around the church before he decided to stop. It reminded me of how if we keep pedaling (enduring and trying to go forward, because if we stop, we lose speed) and keep looking ahead and not down, we will be successful, move forward and not fall. It makes me think of Peter on the water with the Lord. It was when he stopped looking at Him and realized that he was doing it that fear set in. Same with Diego. So...learning to ride a bike can be like our spiritual well-being.

On another note, I might get a summer job teaching English to Spanish speakers 2 nights a week. It is a new start up company and I have an interview in the morning...we will see what happens. I also had a summer brain fry moment. On Tuesday I was set to go and help revise the district Spanish tests. With the nice long weekend and the first few days of the break, and the crazy graduation storm and everything, I completely forgot- no show. I called to apologize, nothing, no call to remind or ask where I was. I am beginning to wonder if it even happened. Cami started orientation for Target, as she will be working part time at least until we move. She is just wanting to make sure there are no excuses for the underwriters to turn us down at the last minute...we have a lot of money already in the house that we can't get back because we have a current home we are not selling now. She was a bit frustrated because she was having no luck finding a job and was beginning to wonder if she would- especially after not being employed for over 8 years.

The building has begun with our house and we are going to use our new bikes to go visit it and take pics. so...that means I will let Cami do that.

Well...it's bedtime, so until next time.

1 comment:

nate and marne said...

you're both weasels, i didn't know cami was looking for work. target, huh? that should be way fun. you'll have to let me know what hours you have so i can come say hi. will you mind if nathan pushes me around really fast in a cart?? :) good luck with teaching diego to ride. nathan still has to do that with both colby and bekah. well, happy anniversary!!