Thursday, July 3, 2008

Awesome game!

Went to the D'Backs game today with Joseph. Jared couldn't go, so Joseph got to. I hoped that it would be fun for him since he doesn't get pro baseball in southern Utah...well in all Utah they only have one AAA team.

The game for 8 1/2 innings was horrible. I was very unhappy except for the two innings I had an old classmate from high school come chat w/me. That was cool. Andy Clement was never a good friend in high school, but always nice. We had classes in high school together, then in a class @ ASU, then I worked with him before my mission. Then I ran into him a few times @ ASU in the gym after the mission. Now at the game. It was cool.

Anyway, the awful game turned awesome in the bottom of the ninth with seven straight batters reaching base, scoring 6 runs with no outs to win 6-5. It was incredible. Last year I saw the Snakes come back from six down to win the game, but it was little by little and from about the 5th inning you could feel that there was a rally coming. Today, nothing said that this would happen. It was just sweet. I am hoping for excitement for all the kids' sake at the next 2 games. That way they make it to the fireworks without whining.

1 comment:

nate and marne said...

that was a crazy game, i know. we weren't there, but you can bet that nathan was watching it, which meant i was suffering through it too. it was a great ending to a rotten game. i'm proud of you for getting on here and updating the blog, it's no fun to read the same stuff over and over. keep em coming!