Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring...Break? That's what I am hoping, at least

So it seems that everyone else I know has a blog...I guess it was time to join. I don't know if I have anything that anyone would want to read. Spring Break has just begun and we really need some rest.

The quarterly "I finally care about my grade because I have a week left to do something" just finished. My classes have ALL quarter/semester to retake tests/quizzes and turn in or make up work they missed or have not turned in. Yet it seems that I have almost no one do anything during the other 8 weeks of a quarter, and then a ton the last week. Then they expect me to get the work graded in one night, even when I have a life and family and it is 5 times the normal load. I just tell them I promise to have it graded by the end of the quarter...not always their favorite answer. But I got it all done and I don't have much to do in the way of grading over the break. I love days off!!

We may have good news on Monday about the house we want...the listing is showing pending. Our realtor is out of town, but he had not heard anything. It means one of three things- we get the house, we lose the house, or the owner has asked that no one come to see the house (there are renters there now). Our realtor thinks it may be the third. In any case...since the last he heard on Thursday was that our bid was number one, we win. If no one else can see the house, then we will get the house, but when? That will be determined by a lender somewhere.

My birthday is in a week...and I know what I am getting. Well, most of it. I will be watching many baseball games this summer.

We will be seeing if this Spring Break is actually a break or if it adds to the many things I have to do. Maybe I will be on again soon.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yea Cammie, I love blogginh and keeps people up to date. Where are you oving too? This is Heather ny the way.

nate and marne said...

yay!! you have joined the masses in the blog world. teaching sure does sound fun, i think i would smack them all if they turned in all their work the last week!! but good for you in getting it graded already.

Stina said...

yay! you are blogging! :) i hope you have a nice relaxing week!

i'll put a link to your blog on my page...if that is okay
:)

Suzanne said...

Horray! Welcome to the blogging world Roots! Have a happy spring break! I hope that you get positive news this week about the house. Oh, and what a super cool birthday present!